Forest Laboratories is a large pharmaceutical company developing innovative products focused on a number of diseases including cardiovascular, CNS, mental health and infectious diseases.
Established in 1954 and now headquartered in New York, the company is very partnership focused and much of what it has achieved today is down to the successful partnerships it has conducted over the years. The company stands strongly in the market with approximately 5,700 staff and sites all over the world developing and building its products. At present Forest has six promising late stage products in the pipeline and a number of candidates at early stage development.
When it comes to partnering Forest Laboratories is open to all types of deals from in-licensing to co-promotion with all sizes of companies from small biotech to big pharma companies. The company’s three core strategies are to license in at any stage of development, develop the candidates through thorough scientific investigation and research, and then to employ high level marketing and sales techniques to introduce the products to the market.
In the last 5 years Forest has made over 20 collaborations and is now seen as a partner specialist. When Forest identifies and decides to collaborate on a molecule that has shown meaningful results it ensures that it keeps close contact with the partner throughout and that wherever possible brings in senior management to offer advice or support. The company’s collaboration approach is very flexible and customized so that it supports the partner and guarantees successful development for the product.
Summary of Forest Laboratories’s Partnering interests
Forest Laboratories has licensed, acquired and collaborated upon many different therapeutics. The main therapy areas the company’s products focus on are as follows:
For the latest details on Forest Laboratories ongoing R&D work visit the R&D section of the website.
Forest Laboratories is routinely present at a large number of partnering events throughout the year.
Partnering events are a great place to meet lots of potential partners face to face in a small amount of time.
Events with Forest Laboratories present include but are not limited to:
- BIO International Convention and Business Forum
- BioEurope / BioEurope Spring
For a full list of forthcoming partnering events where you could meet with Forest Laboratories in person visit Current Partnering’s Event calendar.
Contacting Forest Laboratories for partnering
Forest Laboratories can be contacting in relation to partnering through a number of channels.
Here is a list of the most common channels:
- Partnering events: face to face contact is generally considered the most effective form of contact. Partnering events not only allow face to face contact but also contact with multiple companies for the price of one flight and hotel reservation. This benefit makes partnering events the most cost effective method of making personal introductions as a start point for partnering discussions.
- See Current Partnering’s event calendar for details of forthcoming events.
- Direct contact: there are several sources of direct contact with Forest Laboratories’s business development team
- - Phone: Picking up the phone and speaking with an individual is the best form of non-face to face contact as it allows your name and voice to be remembered and associated with an opportunity.
- - Email: Sending an email is another good way of making contact. Ideally, research the individual responsible for the therapy/technology area being targeted and get in touch. Email contact to a named individual.
- - LinkedIn: Business to business contact is increasingly taking place via LinkedIn, the global online networking channel. Many of Forest Laboratories’s business development executives have LinkedIn profiles and can be found by viewing the company’s profile. Forest Laboratories’s LinkedIn page here.
- Opportunity submission form: the least favourable channel but worth using if you do not have access to the other channels mentioned above. To partner with Forest visit this page for more information about its partnering activity and interests.
Available reports from Current Partnering
Report: Partnering Deals and Alliances with Forest Laboratories
Available resources for deal coverage for Forest
Read: more on Forest company profile, recent partnering, M&A and financing news and articles
Report: Practical Guide to Finding Partners
View: Current Partnering’s Partnering Scorecard – view top life science partnering deals by value
View: Current Partnering’s M&A Scorecard – view top life science M&A deals by value
View: Current Partnering’s Deal Metrics – the latest deal trend infographics for life science deal making
View: Current Partnering’s Big Pharma Deal Making Scorecard – latest trends in big pharma deal making activity
View: Top 50 pharma – overview of top 50 pharmaceutical companies by revenue – partnering activity, deal news, partnering dealtalk
View: Top 50 biotech – overview of top 50 biotechnology companies by revenue – partnering activity, deal news, partnering dealtalk