This month we are providing you with an overview of deal analysis in the life sciences, covering partnering and M&A in August 2013.
Deal of the month
Aug 05, 2013 - Bayer Healthcare, Compugen
Under the terms of the agreement, Bayer HealthCare and Compugen will jointly pursue a preclinical research program.Compugen will receive an upfront payment of USD 10 million, and is eligible to receive over USD 500 million in potential milestone payments for both programs, not including... more
Aug 26, 2013 - Amgen, Onyx Pharmaceuticals
Amgen agreed to buy Onyx Pharmaceuticals for about $10.4 billion in cash to gain access to the company’s three anticancer treatments... more
For more breaking deals as they are announced, visit:http://www.currentagreements.com
Welcome to the September 2013 edition of Current Agreements Deals Update.
This month we are providing you with an overview of deal making activity in the life sciences, covering partnering, M&A and financings in August 2013.
Partnering activity continue at a very rapid pace as we enter the month of July. A total of 191partnering deals were announced during the month of August, with the top deal by value being the collaborative R&D and licensing agreement for antibody-based therapeutics. The deal had a headline value of USD 540 million. Further details can be viewed here.
On the M&A front 39 deals were announced , with the leading deal being the acquisition of Onyx Pharmaceuticals, in a deal valued at USD 10.4 billion. Full details here.
On the financings front we recorded 76 financing announcements, with the leading deal by value being the public offering for $1050 million entered by Boston Scientific. Full details here.
Our sister company, Current Partnering has just published several new and updated reports:
As well as a comprehensive series of reports covering all the main therapy, technology, deal , stage of development and expert type areas. View our full list of reports here at ourreport store.
Our Current Partnering website showcases the leading partnering, M&A and financing deals by value.
We welcome your comments and feedback on this newsletter. We also welcome contact from any company that has a deal not already announced by press release, allowing us to add non-publicized deals to the database.
The Top Ten
The following are the top 10 partnering deals and alliances by value, as announced in August 2013.
1. Collaborative R&D and licensing agreement for antibody-based therapeutics - Bayer Healthcare, Compugen - $540m
2. Spin out for specialty pharmaceutical company- Crealta Pharmaceuticals, GTCR Golder Rauner - $200m
3. Licensing agreement for anticancer technology - Eli Lilly, ImmunoGen - $200m
4. Contract service agreement for medical logistics- CACI International, US Air Force - $75m
5. Distribution agreement for urinary tract stents - Allium Medical Solutions, Beijing King Health - $58m
6. Asset purchase agreement for medical recliner business - Champion Manufacturing, Invacare - $45m
7. Grant award for $40.6 million for early translational research - California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Gladstone Institutes, Human BioMolecular Research Institute, Numerate, Salk Institute, Sanford Burnham Institute, Stanford University, UCLA, University of California Irvine, University of California, Davis, University of California, San Diego - $40.6m
8. Asset purchase agreement for 11 solid oral, ophthalmic, nasal spray, oral solution, syrup, and powder products - Breckenridge Pharmaceuticals, Cypress Pharmaceutical, Pernix Therapeutics - $30m
9. Licensing agreement for PF-06263507 - Oxford BioMedica, Pfizer - $28m
10. Licensing agreement for Captisol-enabled topiramate injection - CURx Pharmaceuticals, Ligand Pharmaceuticals - $21m
Full details of each deal available at Current Agreements*
Big pharma Partnering
August saw 17 partnering deals announced where big pharma were at least one of the parties to the deal.
Eli Lily were particularly active, leading partnering activity in August.
Eli Lilly partnering- August 2013
- Licensing agreement for anticancer technology - ImmunoGen
- Collaborative R&D agreement for peptide drug- Zealand Pharma
- Collaboration agreement for improved health care - Humana
- Collaboration agreement for cancer clinical research workshop - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Eli lilly partnering report
Further details of each deal are available at Current Agreements.
Subscribing to Current Agreements
*Subscription to database now on offer*
- Subscribe now saving over 50%
- 12 months unlimited access
- Promotion code CA502013PROM
100% money back guarantee
Enterprise wide subscriptions also available - contact us for details
Monthly access now available
If you would like to access Current Agreements for a month, you can – all for a one-off payment of USD500.
Current Agreements products