Big biotech, Big pharma, Partnering, Pharma

Amgen pharma deals with Zhejiang Beta Pharma in joint venture

Posted on 13 May 2013

Tags: , , ,

Amgen pharma deals with Zhejiang Beta Pharma to form a joint venture that will commercialize Amgen's Vectibix in the Chinese market.

Amgen (the big pharma and big biotech company) and Zhejiang Beta Pharma aim to quickly and efficiently deliver Vectibix to patients in China with their pharma deals.

The joint venture will benefit from Zhejiang Beta Pharma's strong expertise in the development and commercialization of molecularly targeted therapies as well as Zhejiang Beta Pharma's industry-leading oncology sales network in China.

Zhejiang Beta Pharma's China capabilities are complementary to Amgen's global expertise in the development and manufacturing of human therapeutics.

According to the pharma deals agreement, the new joint venture will be named Amgen-Beta Pharmaceuticals.

Zhejiang Beta Pharma will own 51 percent and Amgen will own the remaining 49 percent interest in the joint venture as part of the pharma deals.

Vectibix is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.

Daily news stories                                                                           

For further deal information visit Current Agreements (subscription required)

Related

Report: Partnering Deals and Alliances with Amgen

Report: Colorectal Cancer Partnering

View: Current Partnering’s Partnering Scorecard – view top life science partnering deals by value 

View: Current Partnering’s Deal Metrics – the latest deal trend infographics for life science deal making        

View: Current Partnering’s Big Pharma Deal Making Scorecard – latest trends in big pharma deal making activity 

View: Current Partnering’s Big Biotech Deal Making Scorecard – latest trends in big biotech deal making activity 

Signup: Current Partnering Dealmakers Update – weekly newsletter providing the latest life science industry deal news, deal making trends, partnering events – sign up now                                

Signup: Current Agreements Deals Review – monthly newsletter - reviewing the previous month’s life science deal making – partnering, M&A and financing – sign up now 

Subscribe: Current Agreements life sciences partnering, M&A and financing deals database – find out more

Follow us on: LinkedIn Current Partnering | LinkedIn Business Development Network | @Currentpartner on Twitter

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply